Go action crazy, or alternatively, relax, eat, drink and stargaze
Firstly, the price includes all food and drink…so you can eat and rehydrate (or dehydrate) to your heart’s content! But when not relaxing, dozing in the hammock or reading a book or sipping a cold drink, there is plenty to do…
- Camel rides
- Some people love ‘riding’ camels, others prefer to walk. You can have a camel ride for 30 minutes, or 5 hours. It’s up to you. Whatever your preference, we can prepare a picnic lunch (to wile away some relaxing hours under a tree adjacent to the dunes).
- You can walk to the highest dune, or just walk in the sand dunes around the camp. It is recommended for longer walks you take one of our Berbers with you—it is easy to get lost.
- Quad biking
- Quad biking can be done 4 km from the camp. The cost is 80 euro per person for 1 hour or 110 euro per person for 2 hours. The quads are all new and safety helmets are provided. We don’t do the quad biking from the camp as we like to preserve the tranquillity of the camp.
- Guided Walks
- It might appear that not a lot happens in the desert, but the reality is different. It’s not exactly teeming with life, but your guide will show and explain to you all sorts of interesting things…be it fauna, flora, bird and insect life and the dunes themselves. Guided walks are of about 2 hours’ duration, but can be tailor-made according to your interests.
- Picnic at the oasis
- The oasis, which is 7 km from the camp, is a beautiful spot for a tranquil lunch.
- Picnic in the dunes
- Or, you can have a long and relaxing lunch in the dunes, under the shelter of a tamarisk tree.
- This is a particularly strenuous activity involving walking up a sand dune for 15 minutes and sliding down for 30 seconds. It’s akin to snowboarding, without the lifts. It’s huge fun.
- Every evening we prepare a relaxation area near the top of the dunes. It’s a great place to watch the sunset and just immerse yourself in the vistas, the tranquillity and the special light at dusk.
- With no light pollution, the night sky is very clear.
- We have the normal array of games including chess, backgammon, scrabble and boule.
- This can be a hopelessly tiring experience. But, to be in the desert in the middle of nowhere is awesome. Just remember to take water, a phone and a guide.
- Chefs can be very protective of their domain, but ours will happily allow you into his den to demonstrate the art of Moroccan cooking. You can either watch, or participate.
- Everyone that works at the camp plays a musical instrument or can sing. Whilst musical entertainment is put on after dinner around the fire, you can expect to hear impromptu music and singing at any time of day.
To enquire or make a booking, please
If you wish to make an enquiry, please contact us.